Sunday 1 April 2012

Neil Passes his 2 star award!




On day 3 of his three days kayaking course with us Neil took his 2 star award test and flew it! Well done Neil and thanks for a great three days at sea and on the surf.
He also wrote some kind words on our Face Book page. Check it out and become friends
on Hebridean Pursuits page.
Neil wrote on Face Book.
'A really big thank you to AndySpink for the great 3 days of kayaking, helping me get my 2 star and progressing with my surf kayaking.
Day one was spent in a sea
kayak (my first time) paddling around kerrera in 23deg temps learning
about the skeg and how to use the edge to turn without sweeps,
getting in and out of tight places etc.
Day two we travelled
down to Machrihanish for some more surf co...aching in the Mega
Bullit XS I had bought. First impressions were how the hell am i
going to stay upright let alone paddle out and surf back. But thanks
to Andys patience and excellent tuition by the end of the day I was
managed some small runs into shore.
Final day was spent doing
my assessment for my 2 star certificate, trying to prove to Andy that
all he had taught me had sunk in. Thankfully it had and I manage to
pass.Have a few things to practice including sculling for
support and using the surf kayak, but well pleased.
Highlight of the trip was paddling with the seals around Kerrera.
Once again a big thank you to Andy Spink you have the patience of a saint.
Looking forward to my next session in the surf.'