Tuesday 3 April 2012

Technical Advice work in the Strathconon area.





Spot the bod? Fun times, if a little cold!
Lovely setting for some cragging.
It's certainly been changeable over the last two days. I woke up in my van this morning near Contin to about a foot of snow. What a contrast to last weeks 23 degrees!
Yesterday I was in the Highlands doing some technical advice work for a local company.. We spent the morning at Duntelchaig crag and the afternoon running the very fine Meig gorge.
This morning I had a very early start and beat some of the high winds and headed up a Corbett in Strathconon. By the the time I was down it was howling form the NE and the snow was falling again.
By the the time I got home to Oban the sun was shining and only the high tops had a dusting of the white stuff.
To Mull tomorrow to run a sea kayaking course, looks like it's calming down a little.