Thursday 31 March 2011

4 star open boat training course at Beyond Adventure.

The River Tummel shingle bank lunch stop.
Tracking up stream.
The River Tay.
Graeme making it look easy whilst looking to make the eddy.
Tools for the job!


The last few days have been a brilliant experience. I have been doing a four star leader open boat training course and what an amazing learning curve its been.Thanks to Stuart Bell [ob1] for his individualised coaching and demonstration of skills in his boat. Although I have level 2 coach award in this discipline I don't and didn't have much experience on rivers and certainly not much at all in Canadian canoes on fast moving water, so it has been an eye opener to a new range of skills and canoe techniques. My apprenticeship starts here and the building of my experience should be a fun and challenging one! Thanks to Beyond Adventure for the course.